Tuesday 4 January 2011

Review - The Banyan Tree Restaurant, Fort ,Mumbai

This one's close to office so I often hop in to catch up with friends and chat up. The place is not so crowded most of the times and that is what makes it my favourite - you can actually sit here and talk without being disturbed by noisy families. You know the types with kids and aunties (who love to talk with their counterparts on the other end of the table).

So the ambience gets a full 10 on 10. The food somehow makes you pay for it though ;-)

I usually have the 'soup of the day' and follow it up with a starter. An average starter costs 130 with a 'not-so-big' portion. My personal favourite is the Potato Wedges which is served with a spicy dip (Rs 90). I have tried the pasta a couple of times and liked it, but not the portion does not justify the cost. I haven't tried the deserts yet (its very unlikely me though) But i will soon end up trying them.

Go to this place if you have some time to kill or you wanna have a cosy conversation with someone special ;-).

But hey dont promote it too much, else you wont find a table for yourself the next time you go there !!!

0 comments: